Littelfuse, Inc. a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control and sensing, today announced a new series of higher surge TVS Diode products in an DO-214AB package.
The 8.0SMDJ series is optimized to protect sensitive electronic equipment from transient voltage induced by lightning and other voltage events. Because it combines up to 8000W of peak pulse power dissipation in a compact DO-214AB SMC package, the 8.0SMDJ series offers circuit designers a high-surge, space-saving circuit protection solution that can simplify printed circuit board design and improve reliability significantly.
Typical markets and applications for the 8.0SMDJ series TVS Diodes include:
- Data Centers
- Home Appliances
- Consumer Electronics
- AC and DC Protection
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) Protection
- Low-speed Outdoor Port Protection
“Compared to other market solutions currently available, the new unidirectional and bidirectional 8.0SMDJ series TVS Diodes deliver higher surge protection in a small DO-214AB SMC package. It is ideal for DC12V, DC24V, and DC48V applications either by using single device or two in a series,” said Meng Wang, Global Product Manager Power TVS at Littelfuse. “The combination of a high power TVS diode in a compact footprint means circuit designers can conserve precious board space for design optimization opportunities including increased power density and higher production efficiency.”
The 8.0SMDJ Series TVS Diodes offer these key benefits:
- High power protection from voltage transients and surge lightning events as well as excellent clamping performance for increased reliability of sensitive electronics.
- High power density in compact, low profile DO-214AB package allows for quick and easy PCB layout and PCBA assembly while conserving valuable board space.
- Replaces AC side and DC side MOVs with a solution that provides better reliability, accurate clamping, and fast response time when compared to MOVs.
The 8.0SMDJ Series TVS Diodes are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests may be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.