The Bourns Multifuse Product Line is pleased to announce the introduction of the new 6 V rated Model MF-ASML/X series of low resistance surface mount Polymer Positive Temperature Coefficient (PPTC) resettable fuses. The new series provides Ihold current ratings of 0.35 A and 0.5 A at the 6 V maximum rated voltage.
Bourns’ low resistance conductive materials used in this new product series have post-trip resistance values as low as 0.5 ohms and initial resistance values as low as 0.04 ohms. Such low resistance values help boost the current carrying capability of the devices.
The new Bourns® Model MF-ASML050/6-2 can now achieve 0.5 A Ihold at 6 Vdc in a tiny 0402 package. The compact Model MF-ASML/X series utilizes Bourns’ innovative freeXpansion™ design that increases the performance of the resettable fuse with:
• Higher hold currents (Ihold)
• Higher voltages (Vmax)
• Improved resistance stability
• Smaller footprints
The primary applications for these products include wearables, Li-ion battery packs, motherboards, and portable consumer electronic I/O port protection. These devices have been designed to protect against both overcurrent and overtemperature events within the designated specifications.
*RoHS Directive 2015/863, Mar 31, 2015 and Annex.
** Bourns considers a product to be “halogen free” if (a) the Bromine (Br) content is 900 ppm or less; (b) the Chlorine (Cl) content is 900 ppm or less; and (c) the total Bromine (Br) and Chlorine (Cl) content is 1500 ppm or less.
• Surface mount packaging for automated assembly
• Tiny footprint size (0402) and low profile for space-constrained mobile applications
• Ultra-low resistance, quick response
• RoHS compliant* and halogen free**
• Agency recognition
• Overcurrent and thermal protection for:
• Wearable and mobile devices
• Li-ion battery pack charging
• I/O ports n PC motherboards
• Gaming console